Monday, March 28, 2011

hummus

I bought a new computer in January; I am very happy with my laptop overall, but I have been experiencing some driver issues.  This morning, I was finally able to import some long overdue pictures, including the ones below.


I love hummus; for this version, I added in a handful of toasted sesame seeds instead of traditional tahini.

Hummus recipe 

1 can chickpeas, rinsed thoroughly
1/4 c. sesame seed, dry roasted in a pan until slightly golden
salt, to taste
1 large clove of garlic, peeled
1/4 c. olive oil, drizzle to taste
2 T. water, if needed

Combine chickpeas, sesame seeds, and garlic in food processor (or blender), and pulse.  Add in salt to taste, depending on the saltiness of your chickpeas.  Drizzle in the olive oil until desired consistency is reached.  Add in a bit of water if a thinner hummus is desired.  A squeeze of lemon juice would be great, also.  Drizzle with additional olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired, to serve.


yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment