Friday, April 8, 2011

cocoa rocks

This week has been a quite a week; the lesson that I have learned is to have a good attitude, you never know when things are going to get better.  I am loving the inspirational lists here.  I am in a smoothie mode, it is getting warm here already, and the shake below is one of my favorites.  Happy Friday!

I love cocoa, especially the good* stuff.  This shake can also be used as starting point for lots of variations:

Chocolate Shake
recipe for 1, can easily be adapted for more

1 ripe banana
handful of frozen blueberries
a few slices of frozen peach
small handful of raw cashews
1-2 T of good cocoa powder
 1 cup milk (1% or higher, or milk alternative)

Start with just enough milk to cover fruit, adding more if desired; shake should be thick.  Blend together, and enjoy in a tall glass with a straw.



*Callebaut has a really rich chocolate flavor and I can get it in bulk at Central Market for a great price.  If you can't find it, I also like Hersey's special extra dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment