Monday, August 30, 2010

healthy food in Dallas recap

I often (internally) gripe about how few healthy restaurants there are in Dallas compared to how huge the city is, but this weekend I had a few really great food experiences:

Starting on Thursday evening, I went to a bootcamp at the Preston Center Gold's, which rocked, mostly because of the suicides (sprinting back and forth) that kicked my butt, followed by a fabulous Bliss dinner; Bliss is a raw vegan cafe that happens to be right across the street.

I got the Bliss burger, which is a yummy veggie burger. I also got to sample my friend's entrees: the kale coconut enchiladas and the spaghetti and "meat" balls, which were both really good too. Their desserts are probably the best though; we split the lemon ginger cake which was so good!


bliss burger (via yelp)

Then, on Friday, I made lunch featuring Central Market mozzarella cheese and Texas tomatoes on a multigrain baguette; so good! 

On Sunday, we went to the Addison farmer's market, which is new and still fairly small, but we got the best local produce I have had in a long time! A watermelon the size of a five-year old, the best tomatoes, zucchini, cantaloupe, peaches, and a baguette.

To top it off, I went to one of my favorite vegetarian restaurants called Cosmic Cafe today for lunch to celebrate my friend's birthday.  I love Buddha's delight and definitely save room for their vegan cakes!

Buddha's Delight


Mystic Pizza


vegan strawberry cake...so good

No comments:

Post a Comment