Wednesday, February 16, 2011

finding balance

I like to think of myself as a frugal person; however, I am not sure if I live up to this notion of myself.  Yes, I buy local/organic groceries/vegetables (food is our fuel, our most important expense), and pretty things sometimes.

I do not budget though.  Sometimes I splurge, mostly I save and my method has worked for me.  But, I created a mint account at the beginning of the year and it is a valuable tool with a simple interface; all of my accounts are in one place and I can see how I spend money.  The more that I get involved with money, the more I want to save.  If you don't have an account, I highly recommend starting one.

"Last year, Harvard Business School professor Peter Tufano helped conduct a survey that asked a simple question: if you had to, could you come up with $2,000 in 30 days? In the U.S., he found that nearly half of us couldn’t."

No comments:

Post a Comment