Thursday, February 3, 2011

decreasing plastic

Lately I have been thinking about all of the plastic that surrounds us, especially plastic that has a very short use value.

Some of these items are easier to eliminate (plastic water bottles, plastic shopping bags) than others (food containers, packaging).

One of my first ideas to decrease food packaging plastic was to find a dairy in Dallas that uses/re-uses glass bottles.  When I was little, in Milton, Massachusetts, we had a milk delivery service with glass bottles; I always got excited around the holidays because of the eggnog which had a different color foil lid.

Anyways, my initial search has not been successful; apparently the only dairy in Texas that uses glass bottles is in San Antonio.  Check out the list here to see if there is a dairy in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment