Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Nutrition Inspiration

I think that everyone needs a little encouragement to stay dedicated to a healthy lifestyle.  When I need a boost of encouragement I look to the following sources:

Ellie Krieger

She is a nutritionist who knows that it is a brutal world out there for healthy eaters.  I love her show Healthy Appetite on the Food Network, but it hasn't been playing recently. (Bring back Ellie, Food Network!!) But, she has a website and many of her recipes can be found here.


Ahh, I love her positive approach to nutrition :)

Dr. Andrew Weil

I also really enjoy Dr. Andrew Weil's view on food and wellness.  He is a huge proponent of integrative medicine and believes that food can be healing and pleasurable.  His views are not for everyone and maybe should be taken with a grain of salt, but his website provides lots of good information that is updated every Monday with a few new articles.  Oh, and I also highly recommend his book, Eating Well For Optimum Health: The Essential Guide to Bringing Health and Pleasure Back to Eating which I re-read often and use a reference.


Respect the beard


Heidi Swanson

For healthy recipe inspiration, I turn to 101cookbooks.com.  I have used so many of her recipes that turn unusual healthy ingredients into approachable and delicious vegetarian dishes.  Recipes that I have in regular rotation include: the best pizza dough using white whole wheat flour, a delicious healthy cookie recipe that uses almond meal and mashed bananas as its base, oh and I love her unfussy apple cake recipe which I posted about in August using stone fruit.  Also, her book Super Natural Cooking, is a great reference full of her beautiful photos.



Yum.

Phew!  That's all I have for today.  Let me know what your favorite healthy inspiration sources are!

No comments:

Post a Comment