Wednesday, September 4, 2013

reflecting, part 1

on my first year back in Boston

yesterday was the first day back at my second year as a graduate student. I am working towards becoming a Registered Dietitian at Boston University and I am obtaining my Master's in Dietetics, which means that I have been back in Boston for 14 months (!). I am reflecting on my experience to asses the past year and to determine what I hope to accomplish in the next year.

I moved to Cambridge last June.

My first stop? Trader Joe's for a super spinach salad (the dressing! the quinoa! the pumpkin seeds!) before I moved all my stuff to my apartment next door. I was terrified. I had been in Texas for 9 years and I was overwhelmed with the sense that I was starting a new life.


My new place was charming and I didn't take too much time to settle in, I started my internship at Simply Ming Season 10 within my first week of moving back:




Next up? Another internship, Foodicine, with guest star Sara Moulton. I was so star struck! she is lovely, witty, and full of energy:




So amazing. In the meantime, I explored Boston and Cambridge:




And my 10 year old Jetta died. But I still managed to make brunch at CBC and a Slow Food Olive Oil tasting. Obviously I have my priorities straight.


rest in peace, little Jetta.

Next up? I got a job at Cambridge Athletic Club teaching group fitness classes; this was my first time auditioning for a group fitness director, but the Group Fitness Manager at CAC is amazing and made me feel at ease.

I had a bio class to finish, and my new mode of transportation was a combination of my own feet and the Boston system of public transportation, so finding the ideal job was both flexible and convenient to get to.

part 2 coming soon!














No comments:

Post a Comment