Thursday, September 13, 2012

dark and stormy/ savory breakfast

dark and stormy, friends for haiti 

true


I don't always want something savory in the morning (usually fruit yogurt morning person)
but when I do:


savory breakfast (of champions)



champion side:
brocoli/baby greens 
microwave for 2 min, add small dollop of pesto (or topping of choice, parm? soy sauce? yummm)

champion wrap:
2 scrambled eggs 
I recently have been craving my eggs the quick scramble method, kind of like stir frying
works best with only 1 or 2 eggs and a kind of large pan 
get your pan super hot first (I let mine sit for a minute on medium which works perfectly) 
spray with olive oil
crack eggs directly in pan and scramble super fast
let sit in pan to finish cooking
meanwhile spread 1/2 ezekiel wrap with favorite spread (mustard? hummus?)
than one last turn in pan for eggs 
remove from heat spread over wrap
add additional toppings if desired, roll and enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment